In February 100 Star Cool reefers are being charged with R513A (XP10) at MCI Qingdao. The refrigerant achieves a 56% reduction in GWP compared to R134a (GWP 1360) with the same operational efficiencies.
Maersk Line and Hapag Lloyd will operate these reefers in their normal trades for a field validation of the entire system. The expected confirmation of R513A opens up a simple mitigation against future price increases of refrigerants, in this case R134a, as well as a rapid reduction in total GWP of the reefer fleet.
Benefits of R513A
- Compatible with existing equipment design/lubricants, for retrofit and new systems
- Low GWP: 56% reduction compared to R134a
- Excellent capacity and energy efficiency match to R134a
- Non-flammable (ASHRAE A1)
- Approved by major equipment and component manufacturers